Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Apples!!

Thanks to my apple tree I finally found a little bit of inspiration.  We had so many apples this year I had to do something with them.  I made an apple pie, but went crazy on the crust so I needed to go back to the drawing board...no picture necessary, super thick. Then I found some recipes on Pinterest for an apple bar and salted caramel mini apple pies.  They sounded delicious.


http://www.justataste.com/2012/09/salted-caramel-apple-hand-pies-recipe/

The bars were really good.  I added more cinnamon and apple then the recipe called for and it was delicious.  I also added more glaze.   The pies needed more salt and caramel, so I'll work on those for next time, but they were good too.

It kept me inspired and I made an apple cinnamon bundt cake, lemon cupcakes with rasberry filling, Guinness cake with Bailey's frosting, and cake balls for a family birthday party.  I failed to take pics but the lemon cupcakes were awesome.  The recipe was from foodnetwork.com http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/lemon-cupcakes-with-blueberry-compote-filling-and-cream-cheese-frosting-recipe/index.html.  I used extra lemon because I was dinged for lack of lemon on my last lemon dessert.

Hopefully the inspiration sticks.  There are tons more apples on my tree.  What to make next?

No comments:

Post a Comment