Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's Day

I'm finally writing my very first blog.  I have to admit I was a huge slacker and I'm nervous, but let's see how it goes.  Valentine's Day...one of my favorite holidays.  Mainly because I love hearts.  Most of my jewelry is in the shape of a heart, including the stone on my engagement ring.  This year I decided to make my husband a meat pie.  He's from London...big thing at the Futbol games.  I just happened to be at Williams Sonoma and they just happened to have a heart shaped mold.  Of course I bought it and went home to try it out.

That's how they looked.  It took me a few tries but I finally got it.  They tasted pretty good too.  Ground turkey, potatoes, and carrots, with a little bit of brown gravy.

Next was dessert.

Cherry Pie <3  I cheated a bit, I made the crust but the filling was store bought.  I then decided to make homemade candies for my boys.  I made coconut filled, peanut butter filled, ganache filled, and a few spice.  I had to decorate a tin to send to my son in Vegas. 


Last thing were the sweets that I made with my little ones and Miss Breann.  The pretty ones belong to Miss Breann : )


I gained 3 lbs this Valentines : )  I'm not allowed to make anymore sweets this month : (  lol!



2 comments:

  1. Just finished the last candy last night. Need more spicy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia two thumbs up on your creativity. You really have to do something with that talent of baking and making candies. Oh and next time you need help eating all those cookies or candies do not hesitate to call me and share I would love to help you eat!!!!! Monica

    ReplyDelete