Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Michael's Cake Class 101

I finally decided after all my many failed attempts at cake making and the $100's of dollars I spend each year for birthday cakes.  That I was going to take a cake class.  Fortunately,  Michael's offers one and it's relatively inexpensive.   Well the class is anyway, but of course you have to buy "supplies" for the class.  Most of which are Wilton's and not cheap.  Thank goodness for Michael's coupons.  Some of you may laugh...Michael's cake classes...but my sister-in-law took them and she is a cake goddess now.  Beautiful, delicious cakes come out of her kitchen all the time.  I thought maybe it could work for me.  Here is my first cake attempt.  Of course I cheated and used real butter after they told us to use Crisco.  It made the frosting less stiff and harder to decorate the cake.  I also have a very unsteady hand, but it wasn't so bad : /




1 comment:

  1. Not bad girlie! You should be proud of yourself. Looks pretty darn good to me! :) Did you guys eat it already?

    ReplyDelete