Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Epic Fail!

Yes Pinterest is great, but...not everything is as easy as it looks.  I've done ok, up until now trying to mimic some of the things I've seen on Pinterest, but by no means are they as good as what you see up there.  This is a prime example.  I've come to call it, my Epic Fail!


I took a shot at some more "artistic" types of coasters.  If you've seen my Mickey coasters they came out pretty good.  Tiles with scrapbooking paper and mod podge...how can you screw that up, right?!  Well I wanted to go for something vintage for my aunt's birthday.  She's a big wine drinker and I've never seen a coaster at her house so I thought I'd try the photo transfer on tiles using the medium gel.

1st of all, my printer decided not to print out quite as dark and clear as it usually does, after many tries. 2nd, don't use glossy photo paper.  It's too thick and doesn't peel off properly. 3rd it takes forever for the gel to dry, way longer than 24 hours.  4th, the tiles I used were very porous and just didn't seem to want to take the pics.

As you can see the wine bottles and grapes barely are noticeable on the tiles.  I'm going to give them to my aunt anyway.  It comes from the heart, right?  : )

I'll try it again and try to fix my many errors.  Hopefully it works next time.  I have 4 more tiles to test it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment