Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Ahoy Mateys!

My cousins birthday just passed.  Yes I have a lot of cousins!  We have at least 3 birthdays a month, I guess I should be posting more cards then : /  Anyway, she is a pirate fan, so I did my best at a pirate card.

I found some chipboard like material that already had this pattern so I thought it was perfect.  I cut it using the My Community Cricut Cartridge.  I downloaded the best pirate font I could find and used my best pirate accent.  I ripped the paper and used some brown ink to try and give it that pirate map look.  I tried burning the edges for the real look but almost set my house on fire...lol!


I cut out a sinister hook from the Disney Classics cartridge and now I can't remember where I got the treasure chest.  I think it was Spongebob, maybe it was My Community again.  There were several to choose from.  I'm a regular at MyCutSearch. com to try and find what I need quicker. I actually did 2 layers of the chest and cut the top in half and just glued the edges so that I could squeeze the gift card in the treasure chest.  I need to stop being lazy and start buying some real presents!  She liked the card and the gift though  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment