Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Princess Hair

My youngest child is 4 and she is my only girl.  Yes she is very, very spoiled...but that's another story.  I've never been much of a girlie girl.  I was a tomboy as I grew up and kind of stayed that way, with 4 boys I kind of had to be. When I had my daughter it all changed.  I'm forever buying dresses, I learned how to make hair accessories, I actually tolerate shopping now, and I'm always on the look out for a good hairstyle for my daughter.

We were doing our normal french braid down the side when my daughter said she wanted it to circle her head.  At 4 she is very decisive and won't hesitate to tell you what she wants, or what you want ; )  I remember seeing a similar type of hairstyle on yes Pinterest.  I gave it a go from memory.




I basically french braided it all around her head.  Then I made a normal braid in the middle and made it into a bun.  It's a little messy as it is quite difficult to get a 4 year old to sit for very long and her hair isn't even everywhere yet.  She has a lot of baby hair still..  After seeing her in that style all day I decided I wouldn't do it again.  A little too mature for a 4 year old I think, but it turned out ok though.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment