Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Coasters

Yes I am a procrastinator!  I do everything the last minute and may even be late often.  I have been since college...writing my papers the morning they are due : )  With this in mind, as I prepared to go to Bunco yesterday I realized it was not only my birthday month but one of the other ladies birthday month as well.  As she and I are the youngest on the Bunco Babes (average age is 50 something...that's being kind, lol...and I'm 42 and she's 32) we have what I like to think of as a bond. I didn't want to show up empty handed, so there was a craft that I've been dying to try.  I even had all the supplies to make them...tile coasters.

She is a huge Disney fan.  Visits Disneyland practically every week, so I dipped into my Disney scrapbook paper and made these coasters.


They are all over Pinterest, but I chose this site to work from http://blog.hwtm.com/2010/07/diy-tutorial-mod-podge-tile-coasters/ . Their tutorial was really easy, glossy white tiles from Home Depot, cut the paper to size, apply paper with mod podge, a layer of mod podge over the paper, finished it with lacquer, then felt on the bottom. I managed to do them in 30 minutes.

I really liked them and someone in the family is going to get some coasters for Christmas : )

Here are some closer shots of the coasters.





(I should have centered this last one, oh well, next time.)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! These came out SOOO cute! I love them! Great job girl. :) I'm sure the birthday girl loved them!

    ReplyDelete