Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Birthday Cards

I finally got around to doing something crafty.

My cousins birthday is today so I made him a birthday card.  He's a little boy so super heroes are key! Given the release of Dark Knight I decided to choose Batman and the fact that I have the Cricut cartridge ; )


I got some inspiration online from some different cards, but I wanted to stick with traditional Batman colors.  I also had that puffy sticker that I thought gave it some cool pop.  I also lifted Batman from the card with the 3D photo adhesives.  The eyes were so small I didn't even try to cut them out, I just used my white paint marker.  It was even hard to do that.  I just did a small word bubble for the sentiment inside, but overall I liked the way it turned out.


It was also my nephews birthday a couple of days ago and I was lagging on the card, so I actually even whipped that one out finally.  He's a huge Charger fan and he's saving for a car next year as he'll be getting his permit, so I wanted a little place to leave some cash in the card too.


This is the front.  I found a Charger font free online and downloaded it and took the lightning bolt from the Cars Cricut cartridge.


I ended up making a pop up card because I wanted the car to stick out.  The only cartridge I had that had a sporty looking car was My Community, but I liked the car.  I did it in Charger colors, and there is no layering on that image so I winged it.  I put a little sun that does have another eye but was covered by the top.  I used a little cloud to hold the cash.  The road is just a black piece of card stock marked with white marker paint, you can see it's a little crooked ; (  Below is the picture of the card laying flat.


I don't think he'll notice the card, just the cash, but I had fun making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment