Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me : )

Last Thursday was my birthday.  My husband took the day off and we took a ferry from downtown SD to Coronado, had lunch with my oldest son and his girlfriend, my Dad and my stepmom, then my Mom was waiting for me at home with some presents and my little ones : )  I'm waiting to celebrate big for my 45th bday in 2 years.  I want a Willy Wonka party.  My husband has strict instructions to make it fabulous! It's my bar of chocolate!

Anyway I was too full from lunch so I didn't want cake. I decided to make a cheesecake parfait.  I've been wanting to try it because my daughter is going to have an Ariel party and I wanted to mimic an ocean type of dessert. Graham cracker crust for the sand, no bake cheesecake with blue food gel as the water, and homemade whipped cream as the waves.  Green licorice as a decor to signify seaweed (the licorice got eaten pretty fast so not pictured.) I need to work on presentation still, but my oldest couldn't stop eating them and asked me not to make them anymore because they were to good...success!



The pictures came out better too as my oldest took the pics using Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment