Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dessert Stand

Ok, I have seen these things all over Pinterest.  In so many different variations.  I decided to give it a shot.  I found the platters at Michael's in their clearance section.  I paid maybe $3 for the 3 of them.  The candlestick holders I got at Dollar Tree and Target.  Another $3.  I mixed mod podge with some blue food coloring to try and get the sea glass effect.  I think I used to much blue.  I was trying to go with the top plate.  Again I'm just preparing for my daughter's Ariel themed birthday.  You can never be too prepared : )  Then I just super glued the platters to the candlesticks. I also added a lazy susan mechanism on the bottom so it gave it some lift off the table and it spins.  Since the lazy susan mechanism was metal I added some felt circles so it wouldn't scratch my table.


I know the candlesticks look crooked, but I think it's just the angle that I took the picture.  Once I finished it, I realized I had no where to put it.  All my cabinets were full, so it sat on my table for like a week, but it looked good as a center piece on my table, even without sweets ; ) So many more variations I need to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment